Social Media Assistant
Established in 1992, Ison Distribution Ltd (ID) has long been known as an outstanding distributor of high-quality bicycles, parts and accessories. We offer many exclusive market leading products, and our dedicated staff strive to provide excellent service to all of our customers.
Ison Distribution offers a strategic mixture of own brands along with a selection of 3rd party products, primarily focussed on the UK market. We are also developing international opportunities with our expanding line of in-house brands.
The purpose of the role is to assist the day to day running of Ison’s various social media channels to ensure long term social media growth, and to be responsible for planning and content creation.
We are looking for a ‘team player’ who will inspire and be inspired by your colleagues.
Ideally you will be PC literate, with prior social media experience in promoting products with a good knowledge of bicycles and the bicycle media. This role is primarily office based at our Ely headquarters.
A real passion for cycling will be an advantage as we believe this is a fantastic opportunity to help market some of the world's finest cycling products, inside a family-owned company that has been passionately involved in the cycling industry for over 100 years.
Post: Social Media Assistant
Job Purpose: to assist the day to day running of Ison’s various social media channels to ensure long term social media growth, and to be responsible for planning and content creation.
This role is primarily office based at our Ely headquarters. (However, during the Pandemic, we are also working remotely)
Social Media Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
1) Keeping up to date with all forms of social media and where necessary informing other staff with key changes.
2) Aid the Marketing Manager and Brand Managers to plan and implement social media advertising campaigns.
3) Report key analytics to Marketing Manager and Brand Managers.
4) Assist the planning and creation of content to be used on social media, and other relevant locations.
5) Plan, create and implement engaging social media posts.
6) Manage and reply to social media messages and comments in a timely and professional fashion.
7) Informing the Marketing Manager and others of up-coming trends on social media
8) Write reports, as may be required by the Senior Management team.
9) At all times work safely, ensuring your own safety and that of others in the Company.
10) At all times work within all Company procedures and protocols.
11) Undertake other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Education, Knowledge and Training/Qualifications:
In depth knowledge of social media platforms, posting, analytics and messaging
Good working knowledge of bicycles and associated parts and accessories
Excellent literacy skills
Personal attributes and skills required to perform in the job effectively
Essential ability to:
- Manage multiple social media channels in a professional manner
- Employ effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Establish effective relationships with customers (B2B and B2C) via social media
- Work well on own initiative and as part of the team
- Multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Be flexible to meet deadlines
- Remain calm when under pressure
Relevant but not essential:
- Content creation experience in moving or still images
- Undertake manual handling where appropriate.
- Be available to attend trade shows both in UK and in Europe and further afield which may involve late working, overnight stays and weekend working
Salary: Competitive Salary, experience depending.
To apply, please send a full CV and covering letter in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com
Please advise us where you heard about this vacancy within your application.
Closing Date: Jan 31st 2021.