Sales and Customer Service Representative
We are currently looking for a Sales and Customer Service representative to join our friendly team. The role is based at our head office in Ely, CB6, and is a full-time role (although part time options may be considered for the right candidate).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Servicing our customers, as first point of contact when they contact Ison via telephone or email Ison.
- Process B2B batch orders.
- Process customer orders, taken on the telephone, onto our main computer system, whilst offering best deals available and promote further sales as applicable.
- Process customer payments.
- Refer to our ‘What's new/back in stock/special offer sheets’ for telephone sales.
- Run backorder reports and contact customers with details when items are ‘back in stock’.
- Work with the Sales Manager to develop all types of sales.
- Meet sales objectives as agreed with the Sales Manager. This may involve new stock promotion or sales activities to clear stock when necessary.
- Build effective relationships with dealers by maintaining regular contact, updating them with details on new product, product availability and resolving any issues.
- Liaise with the warehouse team when necessary to facilitate accuracy on any customer order changes / queries when necessary.
- Assist with all aspects of sales office administration, including our computer system, CRM system, notification of website updates etc., and anything that facilitates general office efficiency.
- Be able to attend trade shows as and when necessary.
- A good working knowledge of bikes, bike parts and associated products.
- An understanding of the UK bike industry.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Ability to clearly communicate for sales and service via telephone and email.
- Ability to learn computer stock and CRM systems.
- Establish effective relationships with dealers and ‘up sell’ with confidence
- Work methodically and accurately when processing customer orders and dealing with customer queries.
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Be flexible to meet deadlines.
- Remain calm when under pressure.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be available to attend trade shows both in UK and in Europe and further afield, which may involve late working, overnight stays and weekend working.
- Undertake manual handling to load / unload vans.
- Competitive depending on experience.
- Office Hours:
- 8-5:30 Monday - Friday
- Annual leave:
- 28 days inc. Bank holidays.
In the first instance please send your C.V. and covering letter in confidence to: